Campaigning FOR public transport and AGAINST the destructive westCONnex tollroad scam
No WestConnex: Public Transport is a coalition of community groups working to protect our suburbs and environment and promote real solutions for active and public transport.
Affiliated groups include Wolli Creek Preservation Society, EcoTransit and Rozelle Against WestConnex (RAW). Other groups include WestCon Community Action Groups (Haberfield and Ashfield, and Concord and Strathfield chapters), and Save Ashfield Park. These community groups have formed an incorporated association called NoW Public Transport.
Read our Executive Summary:
The WestConnex motorway is the latest incarnation of the previously shelved M4 East and M5 expansions which the local community fought so hard to stop.
We must stop the WestConnex motorway from carving up our streets and harming our quality of life.
The Westconnex motorway will:
- waste up to $20 billion on roads, when $10 billion could create enough public transport to meet all of Sydney’s needs for decades,
- increase traffic on local feeder roads,
- increase harmful air pollution and smoke stacks in suburbs,
- increase truck movements through the inner west to port botany,
- create havoc for years during construction
increase the tolls you pay,
- delay long overdue investment in better public transport,
- do nothing to reduce traffic congestion in the medium to long term,
What can you do?
Does your local State politician support WestCONnex? Contact their office and let them know you don’t!
Sign up to the No WestCONnex email updates and get involved in the campaign:
Follow developing events via Facebook – No WestConnex Public Transport:
Follow developing events via Twitter: https://twitter.com/nowestconnex
SMS 'westcon' to 0490 257 225 to get action alerts