Business Etiquette Training Course
The PD Training Business Etiquette training course will improve your staff's understanding of exactly what professional etiquette is, and with some customisation, introduce them to the expected levels of etiquette in your organisation. As participants, your staff will learn how to conduct themselves more professionally, communicate more effectively and acquire the tools to create that all important first impression.
Skills covered in this 1-day professional development course include memorisation techniques, conducting oneself at meetings and work-related functions, email and telephone etiquette tips, business writing rules, dressing for success and more.
Business etiquette training courses are available now throughout Australia, including Brisbane, Sydney, Parramatta, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra and Perth.
- Understand why business etiquette matters and how to improve business etiquette culture
- Understand the three components of business etiquette - appearance, communication, and behaviour
- Know how to make a great first impression and how to dress appropriately
- Understand how to read body language
- Understand the intricacies of introducing people in business contexts and how to remember
- Understand the art of conversation both in person and on the phone
- Understand how your personal style influences how you communicate
- Know the right way to behave online in a business context
- Explore the do's and don'ts of email etiquette
- Explore the business etiquette of different cultures and countries
- Know how to behave in business social contexts
- Understand the etiquette of how to deal with ethical dilemmas, personal issues, and difficult people
Course OutlineBusiness Etiquette Training Course - Lesson 1
Do Manners Matter?
- The Case for Business Etiquette
- The ABC of Business Etiquette
How To Make An Impression
- First Impressions do Count
- Nothing to Wear?
- Body Language
The Personal Touch
- Introduction Etiquette
- The Hand Shake
- Polite Conversation
- Personal Style
Netiquette – Manners In The Online World
- Civility on the Internet
- Email Etiquette
- Social Media Etiquette
Global Business Etiquette
- Global Business
- Understanding Particular Cultures
Social Business Etiquette
- Hosting or Attending?
- Awkward Dining Moments
- Which fork?
- Socialising After Hours
- Marking Employee Events
Dealing With Challenges Professionally
- Personal Issues
- Difficult People
- Ethical Dilemmas
- Create an Action Plan
- Accountability = Action
Level 2, Brisbane, 4000, QLD, Australia